Top travel tips for Aeroplane travel.
Posted On June 12, 2017
With the additon of so many low cost aeroplanes, overseas travel is so much more accessible for travelers now. So we have put together our list of our top travel tips for aeroplane travel.
When traveling in aeroplanes, what you wear is so important to ensure you have a comfortable trip, but it is also important to help you get through security easily as well.
- Select shoes that are easily to slip on and off, as often you will be asked to take your shoes off to get through security.
- Also at most airports you need to be careful your belt won’t set off the metal detectors.
- Loose fitting clothes, this is important not only to minimize the risk of DVT, but also makes you more comfortable. It is also easy for you to get to sleep.
- Layers, when traveling you are often presented with a variety of climates, the place you are traveling from, the aeroplane itself which is often quite cold, and then your destination. The greatest way to ensure you are comfortable no matter where you are is to wear a couple of layers.
- Depending on your health, a pair of support or compression tights is helpful.
- Change of clothes, in case of spills, (or in case of emergency if your checked in luggage goes missing.
It’s so important when flying long haul that you try and change your body clock to your destination from the minute you jump on the plane, and having a sleep is a great way to do this. The best way to be able to sleep in the plane is to be organised.
- Pack a lightweight pillow to keep comfortable
- Comfortable clothes.
- Noise cancelling headphones to block out the noisy plane
- Comfortable eye masks to block out the bright lights.
- Make sure your buckle is on top of your clothes, so if you hit turbulence the cabin crew don’t wake you to check your seatbelt.
- Pack some basic toiletries to freshen up before landing, toothpaste, small foldable brush, moisturiser. Basic make up (If you like to wear makeup)
- Pack eye drops, aeroplane cabins are low humidity so your eyes often get dry and irritated, use eye drops to stop your eyes looking red.
- Hand sanitiser, there is no way in the quick turnover of plane trips will your seat area by totally clean.
- Lip balm. Your lips often get dry from aeroplane travel so lip balm will soothe your dry chapped lips.
- Drink plenty of water it will help you from getting dehydrated. This is important not just for the flight but in the days leading up to your flight.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake.
- Dehydration on a plane has a few flow on effects – increased risk of jet lag.
Limit your hand luggage.
- Think do you really need it. This is really important when traveling with children as you will often be carrying them too.
- Aeroplane is famous for often being fairly inedible, often overpriced so the best way to ensure you enjoy your enjoy trip is to pack yourself some nice healthy snacks
- Pack some treats to snack on for takeoff and landing to help with your ears.
- Make sure your food isn’t to strong smelling
- Pack nut free, think of your other passengers that may have nut allergies.
Stretch your legs
- Inactivity in a plane increases your risk of DVT
- Inactivity increases muscle pain and discomfort.
- Charge your device before you go, unless you are lucky to fly first / business class you most likely won’t be able to charge your device on the flight.
- Pack a portable charger and your USB charging cord.
- Load up your devices with games, books and videos that do not require Wifi.
- Bring your own headphones that are comfortable.
- Bring noise cancelling headphones, as then it won’t matter if you have a screaming baby nearby, someone snoring, talking loudly, you can sit back and relax.
Even if you don’t have young children a pack of baby wipes are one of the most versatile things to pack for your flight, they can be used for many uses.
- Great for cleaning everything the tray, the chair, your hands, face.
- Freshen up by wiping your face with a wipe.
- Great for storing the wipes, toiletries, snacks. When empty they take up very little room in your luggage