10 Places to grab an ice-cream in Noosa
Stay cool this summer in Noosa with one of these 10 amazing places to eat Ice-cream.
Ben and Jerry’s
3/50 Hastings Street, Noosa Heads
Ben and Jerry’s is a known for their original flavours (and original names), sundaes, smoothies and seasonal offerings.
A favorite is chocolate chip cookie dough.
Ben and Jerry’s make almost a million pints a day, and once you taste one of their amazing hot fudge sundaes you will see why.
- Our pick – Try the Salted Caramel Blondie, hot fudge sundae with Caramel Fudge, Cream and Crushed Oreos.
A/1A Hastings Street, Noosa Heads, QLD 4567
Whether you are after Gelato, or sorbet theres an amazing range of choices, including a variety of sugar free versions.
The gelato is made fresh in store, and changes regularly,
- Our pick – Try the Mango Sorbet (Dairy Free) but packed full of flavour.
Happy Pops Noosa
6/49 Hastings Street, Noosa Heads, QLD, 4567
All-natural handcrafted artisanal gelato & sorbet pops. You can either choose a ready made Pop, or make your own.
A custom Happy pop is a 4 step process
1- Choose your flavour
2 – Choose your chocolate, (Melted chocolate, mik, white or dark, Caramel, or Nutella
3 – Choose your toppings (you can have three)
4 – Head to the boardwalk and devour.
- Our pick – Try the Mango Sorbet (Dairy Free) as a Naked Pop
- Our other pick – We can’t go past the Chocolate brownie, with vanilla bean ice-cream, freeze dried raspberries, and milk chocolate.
75 Hastings Street, Noosa Heads, QLD 4567
Tourists and locals have been flocking to Massimo’s Gelateria for there artisan gelato since 1995. As you wander past you will often see a queue outside this Italian gelato shop, serving authentic gelato and fresh refreshing sorbet.
- Our pick – grab a scoop of Raspberry and a Scoop of passionfruit for an amazing combination of flavours.
Royal Copenhagen Ice Cream
41 Hastings Street, Noosa Heads, QLD, 4567
There is something about the smell of fresh cooked waffle cones as you walk past Copenhagan that makes you want to stop and choose one of their ice-creams
This is the place to get some of your more traditional flavours, Mint chocolate, old Fashioned Toffee, boysenberry as well as some more interesting flavours , chilli chocolate, lamington.
They also sell Hot dogs, milkshakes, and other cold drinks.
- Our pick – If it’s available, the Jaffa ice-cream is simply amazing.
Frenzy Ice-cream Van
10 Park Road, Noosa Heads
Head down to First Poihnt Carpark at the end of Hastings Street and you will find the Frenzy Ice-cream Van
For the last 27 years the ice-cream van has been serving delicoius icecream, frozen fruit yoghurts, cold drinks, coffees and hot dogs.
- Our pick – The fruit frozen yoghurt, is amazing. One of the best we have tried. You watch as they blend in fruit of your choice into their frozen yoghurt.
Noosa Woods Ice-Cream Van
There is nothing like the nostalgia of a choc dipped soft serve cone, and trying desperately to finish it before it melts all over your fingers.
- Our pick – Choc dipped soft serve
Noosa Amore Gelato (Noosa Marina)
Shop 14, Noosa Marina
Noosa Amore, serves Italian Gelato made fresh daily, using fresh local ingredients.
Noosa Amore also serves yoghurts, pastries, chocolates, smoothies and milkshakes.
- Our pick – There choc mint ice-cream is just the right combination of mint and chocolate
Amo Gelato (Gympie Terrace)
Shop 2, 201 Gympie Terrace, Noosaville, QLD 4566
Amo Gelato is handcrafted Gelato located opposite the Noosa river, serves Gelato, Coffee, (roasted in house) as well as cakes and other tasty treats.
- Our pick – Toffee Apple ice cream.
A Favorite Icy treat.
Our favourite American Icy treat, Dippin Dots is found down at the river at O-Boat Hire
222 Gympie Terrace, Noosaville QLD 4566
Now this is not an ice-cream shop, however after trying this ice-cream a few years ago in the states, we couldn’t believe it when we saw it advertised as we walked along Noosa River. This is now a favorite place for us to stop and get a cool treat.
Dippin Dots are amazing ice cream snack invented back in 1988. The ice confection is created by flash freezing ice cream mix in liquid nitrogen.
- Our pick – Hard to choose, the Chocolate chip cookie dough, is brilliant, but its also hard to go past the Fairy Floss.
Have we missed your favorite place or flavour, make sure you let us know in the comments below.