With the news coming that restrictions are beginning to lift in parts of America, Disney has announced their proposed phased reopening dates for Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida, as well As the original California Park.
Beginning on July 11th Magic kingdom and Animal Kingdom will be reopening their gates at limited capacity.
July 15th will see the Gates of Epcot and Disney Hollywood studios reopening.
All the combined closures have cost Disney $1 Billion in lost revenue in the second quarter with all its parks, cruise ships and stores forced to close.
For those craving a Disney fix, Disney springs has already reopened.
10 things you need to know about Disney Springs reopening
- Limited Parking
- Reduced entrances
- Temperature screenings are mandatory prior to entry
- Face coverings are mandatory for all guests aged 2 and up. Except when dining.
- Social distancing is being practised, through physical distanced queues and in some instances physical barriers
- Reduced capacity and reduced hours.
- No Scheduled entertainment, no high touch offerings
- Increased cleanliness. Including additional hand washing stations.
- Disney springs is going cashless, most places will not accept Cash. (However you can purchase with cash a Disney gift card at the Welcome centre)
- More locations are now participating in mobile ordering. Guests can now pay for their mobile order with Disney gift cards, Apple Pay and Disney rewards redemption Card.
What to expect in the Parks!
- Face Coverings
- Disneyworld will be requiring all guests and Cast members to wear face coverings in the park, and Disney Springs.
- Hand Washing
- Disneyland have added additional hand washing facilities, and hand sanitising facilities around the park.
- Physical Distancing
- The theme parks will be reopening at a reduced capacity to ensure that physical distancing is able to be maintained.
- Physical barriers may be present to ensure that social distancing is practised.
- Temperature Checks
- As you are entering the parks, and Disney Springs you will need to undergo a temperature check.
- Staff will also be undertaking daily health checks and temperature checks.
- Increased Contactless transactions.
- Disney will be recommending people pay by card, with many places not accepting cash. However your can use cash at Disney Springs welcome centre to purchase a Disney gift card.
- Disney are increasing the ability to use mobile ordering in the app.
- Increased cleaning and Sanitation
- Disneyworld have stated that they are building upon their existing standards of cleaning.
If you have visited Disney before, Your next visit to Disney will be different to the last one. However it will still be magical, as it’s Disney. The most magical place on earth.
Changes to your day in the Park
- Parades and Nightime spectacular’s are not running initially and will return at a later date.
- Character meet and Greets are not running but will return at a later date. Disney have plans for new and entertaining ways that the Characters will be in the park to entertain the guests.
- Limited capacity in parks, hotels and Disney Springs. Not all shops and experience will be open.
- Certain attractions, queue’s, experiences, services and amenities will be modified, have limited availability and some will remain closed until they can safely reopen.
- Extra Magic hours are temporarily suspended.
- Booking window is now 60 days, instead of the normal 180 days.
Disney Hotels reopening
There are currently more than 25 Disney resort hotels to pick when you visit Disneyworld. These Disney Vacation club properties at Walt Disney World resort and Disney’s Fort Wilderness resort and Campground will beginning to reopen from June 22 to members and guests. However if you do not have an existing booking you will have to wait a little longer. Disney have still not opening their reservations for new bookings, as they are focusing on guests with existing reservations. The only way you can book a new reservation is if you are a Disney Vacation club member.
Will you be going to Disneyworld with its reopening? Tell us below in the comments.